Monday, January 10, 2011

The Start of the End

I am excited to teach cadaver labs again this semester for the last time. Each time I do this I get nervous that I am going to forget everything, and it doesn't help that I have 25 students who just sit and stare at me and won't participate. I have to remember that they are nervous, too, and they are probably a little freaked out about being in the same room with 8 dead bodies. This is such a great opportunity for me, I have really come to understand and appreciate the human body more with each semester.


And...today is the first day of my last semester at USU! I have been here for a long time and I can't believe I am so close. I am so very excited, I hope this is a good semester (I would LOVE to have an easy one for a change!), I look forward to graduating this Spring.

After watching The Cake Boss, we had to make a cake of our own. We made a layered 4 tier cake with almond and chocolate cake layered with buttercream frosting and homemade caramel. We made our own modeling chocolate for the dots and topped it off with melted white chocolate- not too shabby!


After an amazing Christmas we had such a fun New Years! I think the highlight for the kids was our glow-in-the-dark Nerf wars. We turned out all the lights, decorated the hallway with streamers and other silly things and then haphazardly put glow-in-the-dark things around. The effect was visually cool, and was so much fun to play with the tunes cranked up.


4 comments:

  1. yeah for the last semester. Good luck, I hope it's an easy one for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soo proud of you! I can't wait until graduation day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the words of one of the most inspiring people of all time, Tony Little, "You can DOOOO IT!"
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shanell, What a wonderful educational journey you have had and will continue to have! Congratulations! Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete