Thursday, March 3, 2011

Randomness

Thursday nights in our home are what we like to call "movie night" because Tyler teaches and I get to pretend like I am spending quality time with my children while sneaking as much homework as humanly possible into the span of a movie. It usually works really well.

Tonight, however, I am so distracted by my children singing in the shower that I finally decided to do something else for the duration of these drawn out showers. In my defense, it is not easy to tune out two kids in two different showers. The problem arises not from the volume or the tune of the song, but rather from when you start to listen to the crazy lyrics of their made up songs. So, I am taking a break and thinking random thoughts instead.

I am grateful for good friends for my kids, and the great relationships I have with their parents. Sometimes no one else gets you other than a parent who has kids going through the same funky stages in life.


The kids have been taking advantage of all this great new snow we keep getting.


The tube seems to be the fastest sled, but I think it works better if you actually get on top of it.


Boys can get crazy! He would run and dive on the tube and sled his way down. As I was watching from the window he ran and dove, but he overshot his mark and completely missed the tube and sled down the hill on his face. It was super funny to watch, something you would see on a funny video show. I'm glad he didn't know how funny I thought it was. =)

3 comments:

  1. I hope you were able to get what you needed to done. If your kids sing like mine I can imagine how distracting it can be.
    I love it when you have to turn away to chuckle in some situations. Thanks for letting the kids come and play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Shanell, Love those moments that help us appreciate all that we have. Darling kiddo's. Love you. We need to kidnap Jamie and have a girls night out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shanell, I don't know if you remember who I am at all... I found your blog through Sandra's and I noticed the post with your pics from the sugar factory. I've been looking for that place for a couple of months now. I've gotten all kids of mixed information. Haha. Anyway, if you don't mind, can you tell me where it is?? Thanks a bunch! -Tina

    ReplyDelete