Sunday, April 12, 2009

Yea for Disneyland!

 
We had a fantastic time this past week!  It all started with my friend Jamie's wedding.  She looked absolutely amazing and had a fairytale wedding.  It was so fun to see everyone and get to hang out like the good old days - except perhaps just a bit racier...egh?  I love you all and feel so blessed to still be such great friends for almost 12 years. 

Then we flew out to Disneyland for 5 days for Ty's graduation celebration and all that.  (Thank you to Grace and co. for feeding our lonely fish while we were gone.  =) )  It was so much fun, we can't wait to go back.  The kids were tall enough and daring enough to go on ALL the rides and it was great not to have a diaper bag or a stroller as we walked through.  Syd loved getting autographs of all the characters, especially the princesses.  Royce was picked to be trained in the Jedi ways during a Star Wars show and got a chance to duel with Darth Maul himself.



The weather was nice but our jackets sure came in handy.  The kids favorite ride was California Screaming, Royce's least favorite was Small World.  He said it is a baby ride.  I think it is more like a long boat ride full of dressed up Chucky dolls singing a creepy song over and over.

Thank you for going with us, Aunt Tricia!  Wouldn't have been the same without you  (I'd have been stuck in the princess lines, ya know?)  We told the kids that we could go back after I graduate.  Royce asked if he would still be a kid.  Yes, I do realize that a couple of years may be an eternity to a young one, but hang in there, Little Dude!  Your mother will graduate one day (or so I keep telling myself).

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha funny boy. Looks like you guys had a great time. We need to get Royce and Andrew together for a playdate. Give me a call. He wanted to play last week but I told them you were gone so he was sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydnee was telling me all about the that screaming ride today. How fun. I'm so relieved the fish survived. Jon and I would really like to take the kids when he graduates. Maybe we can double date to Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of you everyday last week, and am so happy you had a great time! I love the pictures....when we told the girls where you were they were so bummed that they weren't joining you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to celebrate! Can't wait to see you this week for Sandra's B-day!

    ReplyDelete