Friday, March 27, 2009

Sleepovers, anyone?



Sydney is having her (almost) first sleep over at a friends house, and I am missing her.  She is with a great family and I know she is fine, but I still worry.  Some people don't do sleep  overs at all and others have certain restrictions.  What do you do with your kids?



We love the Hogle Zoo!  I am so glad that we have something like this that isn't too far away.  My kids love to go in the winter  and early spring when the animals are really acitve.  We have seen some crazy stuff over the years and have some good stories to share.

Tyler is done.  Well not officially, but close enough for me.  His exhibition and reception went well and it was fun to see so many friends and family.  Thanks for all the support!  We are planning out the next couple of years until I am done. It'll be an adventure to be sure, but I think we are up for another challenge. 



The next evening Ty's parental units took us out to a nice dinner at Hamiltons to celebrate and to say thanks to all those who helped.  That crab was the best that I think I have ever had!  THANK YOU for everything.


One last thought, we have not really been a "video game family" per say.  Until now.  Ty got this as a gift from Glenn (thank you, I think...?) at his reception last Friday and now we are completely hooked.  Imagine that - my kids hooked on video games.  We have had to implement Wii minutes as rewards and it seems to be working for now.  It is possible that our entire family will turn into Wii zombies.  Do you Wii?

4 comments:

  1. Ha Ha, when I pulled up your blog to hear Bicycle race LOVE IT he he. You made Andrew a Wii Zombie too, he didn't stop talking about it when he came home. Can Glen become our brother He he. About the sleepovers, we don't do them. We just want to be safe. I trust Danika's friends and parents but you never know who else is in the home. It's kinda sad because I remember having sleepovers as a kid but I just want to be safe. I've heard to many stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should come over and Wii with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to learn how to play the Wii...will you teach us? Let us know how the sleepover went. We are leaning toward a cousins only sleepover rule with "late-overs" with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love Wii as well, I just got Wii fit and love love it! It is simply amazing. I love that it's an active video game.
    Sleepovers? Not sure about that but I'm leaning to no sleepovers unless it's someone I really know well. I remember sleepovers were not such a good experience for me as a kid. Girls doing sayances, toliet papering, calling boys at late hours, and movies with bad ratings. I almost always got "sick" and had my mom pick me up. But I was older, 12 years old and knew where my standards were, I'm afraid my 7-8 year old isn't ready to make those good decisions on his own quite yet.

    ReplyDelete