Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Recipes Anyone...?

Tyler's thesis exhibition is getting so close.  His show goes up Monday the 16th and his closing reception is on Friday the 20th on USU campus.   For all of you that are interested in going, consider this your official invite (yes, I do mean you).  Click on this link for more info
  I am having so much fun trying out new recipes and planning the menu for his reception.  I just had to post this one.  It is a funky dessert and so much fun to make, click here for the recipe. 
What else should I make?  I would love to hear your ideas and get your recipes for other fun, earthy type foods.  I am going for a more organic rather than processed feel for the refreshments.   Any ideas would help, so give 'em to me!  =)

3 comments:

  1. Ohh I've always wanted to use phyllo dough! Was it easy to make? Umm... earthy foods, I'll have to think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Baklava. If your going earthy I would do some fruits and veggies with some yummy dips. You could do some cool breads from Crumb brothers and have some spinach dip. I really liked that bread thing you did at the party at Trudys. That would be good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. had another thought after talking to Devin, What about hummus with grainy crackers. Exotic cheeses with crackers as well would be earthy too. I thought about Salsa and chips. Devin suggested that if you really want to go earthy you should stop shaving your armpits and don't wear deodorant for a few weeks before the reception. We are planning on coming to the reception to see this amazing work! When is the next birthday. I'm dying to see everyone!

    ReplyDelete