Monday, June 15, 2009

Grappling, Rappelling, and Happling (Anniversary)

That title kind of works, right?

So, it looks like I'll be posting a lot more in the time to come - since Shanell is taking up the academic banner -  so I better get used to it.

Royce has been doing jiu-jitsu here for a few weeks and he LOVES it.  It's a little expensive for only one day a week but watching how excited he gets when he puts on his gi is worth it.  Shanell went with him last week and took a few pics:

Now I need to start training again - I can't allow him to be able to beat me up when he gets older.


Uncle Nate was kind enough to take the kids rock climbing - an event they've been asking us about for a long time.  Royce scurried up really well, but on the way back down he scared us with a slight mishap involving the adjacent rock face and his head - always wear a helmet, folks!


Right after, Sydney calculated the risk of sharing the same fate:



She found the courage and went up with no incident.  Nice job, Syd!



And finally, this weekend Shanell and I celebrated our ninth wedding anniversary.  Just one more year and we can get divorced!  We stayed at the Anniversary Inn by the U of U.  It was a blast, but I have to say, the one here is much nicer.  Here we are at Sampan, one of our old standbys:


3 comments:

  1. That is one HOT MAMA you got there Ty, I would think twice about the divorce:o)!!
    Are we really that old?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Right now "Regis and Kelly Live" are doing a Celebrity Look-Alike Search and you should send in your picture because you look like the lady that plays on the show "SuperNanny". She is a great lady with a great attitude. You look like you have that same great attitude!

    All entries must be received by July 3rd, 2009. This is the web site http://bventertainment.go.com/tv/buenavista/regisandkelly/submissions.html

    My name is Tim Ward. I was just looking for a friend with the last name of Happling and found your site.

    Sincerely,
    Tim Ward
    208-262-4454

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Sorry Tim. I don't see it. At all. That was odd. Happy Anniversary you two.

    ReplyDelete