Monday, July 13, 2009

Independence Day festivities

It all started off with a 4th of July bike parade at our apartments.  It was short, not that many people there, no candy, and relatively painless - my ideal parade!



The kids enjoyed a few popsicles



Be careful with the green ones!



Then we went down to Grandma and Grandpa Vance's for a 4th BBQ with babyback ribs (no song please), corn on the cobb and greek salad - yum!


We even had red white and blue dessert!



Royce taking on Grandma in a fierce game of ping pong.


Enjoying the shade after a game of volleyball.



Oh yeah, and one more thing.  This has nothing to do with Independence Day, but I love going out on our deck and enjoying all the flowers and such Shanell planted.  It really spruces up our little deck!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time with family! A bike parade how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I need some blog training from you. I love how you have a picture then some comments then another picture comments about the picture. I can't figure out how to do that. Maybe you can teach me very soon! The campout is very soon are you still planning on it? Did you ever go to the movie Proposal? I'm still game for it if you want to go.

    ReplyDelete